Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crumb quilt - more stars

I made some more crumb blocks this week. Decided to try the Star blocks again.
Jo's great instructions are HERE  for stars & hearts.  After reviewing the 
instructions, samples, and looking at other quilters stars, I decided my problem 
was contrast; or lack of contrast. My husband calls them “Hidden Stars”.

First ones: 
 
This week: 

 


I was very please with how these stars finished. See the little corner fabric 
between the star points. I had a strip from another project, made from 2 strips 
(a 1½ ” & 2” sewn together). I cut the squares used for the star points from this 
and ended up with the peeking fabric.

 
 

Made a few other blocks. The extras will probably end up on the back. 
I am showing signs of addiction, (1)“Neglecting responsibilities”; my 
family ended up with pancakes and sausages for dinner since I had no 
time for grocery shopping. (2)”Lost control” and (3)"Built up a tolerance"; 
must make more crumb blocks then planned.
 
I have started to cut my sashing and plan to have a finished top Nov 16th. Will 
post my link at Jo's Country Junction. Maybe I will have my addiction under 
control. I need to start working on Christmas presents.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Fun...Fun! I am so glad you tried stars again. They are looking so good. I can't wait to see your finished top.

Béa said...

Very fun & beautiful blocks !

Elaine M said...

Thanks Jo & Bea. It will be nice to see all the finished tops.

Tonya Ricucci said...

love it! your stars are marvelous. this is going to be a fun happy quilt!