Wednesday, October 23, 2013

PIQF

This past weekend my daughter, a friend and I went to the Pacific International QuiltFestival. It was fantastic, overwhelming, too large to absorb in one day. My daughter took almost 200 photos, she usually takes a photo of the quilt, then another of the info card; so I have lots of photos to post. So here are some of the quilts we enjoyed.

 My heart lies in Afric, by Mandy Kirk



 Nioppon Irish Chain, by Tamaris Pardo

Liked how she used decorative stitches across the chains for quilting lines.


 Birch Grove, by  Anne Loveless   


The field Mouse's Habitat,  by  Vonda Mathews

Funny with the felt Cheez-its. Amazing detail and three dimensional.


 Star Burst,  by Mieke Apps 

Loved this. Blue ribbon for "Best use of color"








3 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for sharing some photos of PIQF. I haven't been for about 8 years, and sometimes I miss going to see the quilts. It is completely overwhelming and mind-boggling. Lots of photos and time to peruse them later is a big help. You can review them in small bites!
Love the first one - wonderful Improv - and the last one - fantastic colors and color shift in this quilt! - the best, but they're all super.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Decorative stitches don't always feed well through the layers so she had a big task quilting that way. It does look nice. It looks like it was a great show.

Kaja said...

When I read posts like this it always makes me wish I get get to the US to visit some of these shows for myself. Since that's not happening, I'm so grateful to be able to enjoy the photos instead.