Friday, October 19, 2012

Memory Quilt

Finished a memory quilt for a friend of mine using her husbands shirts. Tony passed away about 2 years ago. They were married 57 years.


I received 5 plaid/stripe shirts along with 7 knit shirts. The knit shirts were hard to work with, used them for the hour glass blocks.


I'm using the ChunkyChurndash pattern from Bonnie Hunter, a free pattern from her blog. I increased the blocks size to a finish 7½ “. I also added a few flower printed fabrics, they seem to soften the plaids and stripes which seamed so flat alone.


Delivering this quilt today.


Linking up to Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great quilt with many great memories.

Sweet Woodruff said...

I just delivered a quilt I finished to a friend who lost her husband in a skiing accident. She gave me all his shirts. Love what you did here. I was wondering what to do with the knit shirts. Thanks for the pattern idea.

Glinda ♥ said...

Gosh, you brought a big lump to my throat ... a lovely quilt and a beautiful gift :)

LC said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful quilt. I just delivered a memory quilt made of my mother in law's mother's shirts. My mother in law was so excited to get it. Memory quilts really are special quilts, and it's so fulfilling to be able to make one for someone. Beautiful quilt.

Norece said...

I love your quilt. It is beautiful. Has a very old fashioned feel to it. Your friend is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

beth said...

Oh my! I love this quilt! Delivering is the BEST part!