Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Half Log Cabin or Wonky Bento Box


This quilt was so fun and quick. Used the tutorial from Love Laugh Quilt 
blog, Half Log Cabin – Free Style. Thanks Beth!  I didn't use the paper 
foundation for my blocks but followed her method.  
 
Went to the Project Linus meeting yesterday and delivered the quilt. 
Forgot to take a final picture so these are pictures of the flimsy. I had 
picked up the black & white polka dot at a past meeting, 4 yards, 18” wide, 
so perfect for this scrap busting project.
 
 
I also took two flimsies I sewed together from orphan blocks I came 
home with at another meeting. The coordinator is planning a “sandwich” 
day, not an eating party, but a workshop to sandwich quilts from flimsies 
given to PL. Select a back, layer, sandwich, and baste the quilts as needed. 
Some are sewn at the workshop, some taken home. Some are taken to a 
retirement home where residents tie quilts. Lots of work gets done by 
many hands.
 
Thanks again Beth for the tutorial. Check out the other charity quilts at 
Quilts are for Giving. 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, I LOVE your Half Log Cabin quilt top! The dotty fabric is just right to give it such a whimsical look. Someone is going to LOVE this quilt! Great job.

Love your 2nd top too. Very fun! And great use of orphans and scraps.

Tonya Ricucci said...

those turned out great! lots of fun.