Sunday, July 8, 2012

Big Crumb Quilt


When I first read about Operation Wood Hollow on Sarah's blog, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, my “Big Crumb” quilt came to mind. I'm not a pink/pastel person but back in 2010 I had decided to clean out larger pink scraps from my growing piles. It started with 9” blocks and 4 square blocks and it quickly regressed into scrappy rails and big crumb blocks. Added other pastels, including some fabric samples I had received from a friend.


I loved how this quilt was coming along. It looks inviting and comfortable. But... I'm not really a pink person, and my DH is definitely not.


It has sat in the UFO pile for 20 months or more, and I have pulled it out and sent it to Julie. It measures 63”x81”.


Also pulled out this flimsy, measures 40”x60”. I immediately saw why it had sat for so long. It had 4 blocks with white background that just blared “I do not belong here”. Looks better after replacing them. Most blocks are 4½”x7½”.


Dropped off the box for Julie at the post office yesterday. Had the two flimsies and fabric. I didn't really have any backs that match, but sent yardage that she can use for other backs.


It feels good to get these tops out of my UFO pile and on their way to comfort people. Thank you Julie!


Operation Wood Hollow has change it's name to Phoenix Quilts.


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Two cute quilts! Good for you to get them out of the UFO pile.

I hear you about the pink. I only have it now for the granddaughters. I never know when they may need something pink!