Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bright Colorwash



I've never done a colorwash quilt before unless you count this blue quilt from 8 years ago. It's not really a colorwash, it just happened at church. I was sewing with the church group and just kept using strips of blue sewn together and mixed and turned. I was really pleased with the shading across the quilt.



But … when the opportunity to order colorwash kits came from Wanda, at Exuberant Color. I did not hesitate and ordered two Bright colorwash kits. Received them, and dived right in opening and spread the contents of one across my card table. Wandaful fabric.


This is one color kit with 50+ pieces added from my stash. 

I realized strips, plaids, and geometric prints were questionable but tried a few and removed them. The subtle plaid is still in. I think the one purple with green dots reads too solid. The last geometric is still in but may not remain.


This is what I have added.



My card table is getting too crowded to continue, so I must take over the dining room table. The fun will continue.

1 comment:

joe tulips said...

I saw her kits, but didn't dive in like you. WOW. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see how this all comes together. I love that blue quilt, a happy accident.