Friday, September 21, 2012

Emily's quilt

My DD best friend is leaving for UC Davis in a few days. Loves animals and wants to be a veterinarian. Has worked had towards this goal for a long time, voluntary at a office, being involved with animal rescue and fostering many animals. I wanted to send Emily off with a quilt showing support with lots of love and hugs. Bought some dog fabric for the front.


About 50% of the fabric was found in my stash, including the horse fabric on the back.





I was very happy with the fabric I selected for the binding.


Emily – Wishing you the best, study hard and have fun!


Linking up to Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.






7 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a fun quilt. The animals are a fun touch for a vet student.
I did my undergrad at UCDavis and love love love Davis. It is such a great town. Make sure she goes to the farmers' markets and eats plenty of crepes downtown!

Kat said...

I'm sure she will treasure this and she'll always have "a hug from home" with her while she's away at school.

Sarah Craig said...

What a wonderful quilt!! You put a huge amount of thought and love into this quilt, and I'm sure she'll love it forever! Whoop whoop!!

Shawn said...

She's going to love it! It's beautiful. shawn@studio57artz.blogspot.com

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That is soo cute, what a lucky girl. Just popped in to give you some Whoop Whoops from the linky at Sarah's. :)
xo

Beth said...

That is a great quilt! That flower fabric is beautiful.

Pomegranate Quilts said...

I love the back of this quilt! Creative, spontaneous and full of love. Nice job!